SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Competent understanding of HIPPA rules and regulations and importance of patient’s Protected Health Information
· Strong communication skills, detail oriented, works well independently and as a team player
· Working knowledge and understanding of coding guidelines & 3M Encoder
· Computer proficient in Windows Microsoft Office Suite
· Working knowledge of EHRs/EMRs
EDUCATION & ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
DeVry University-Online, Decatur, Georgia – June 2018
Undergraduate Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding with Honors
Related Courses: Medical Terminology, CPT & HCPCS, ICD-10-CM/PCS, Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology, Fundamentals of Pharmacology and Medical Treatment, Fundamentals of Pathophysiology
CCA – Certified Coding Associate AHIMA February 2019
Physician & Hospital Coder, DeVry University, Decatur, Georgia 2018
· Accurately coded diagnoses, procedures, complications and comorbidities for inpatient and outpatients’ medical records utilizing ICD-10-CM/PCS & CPT
· Abstracted information from physician notes, surgical consults, H&P’s, nursing notes and other similar portions of a medical record or chart.
· Interacted positively, friendly and professionally with physicians, patients/family, office staff, hospital staff, medical supply and drug company representatives, insurance companies, attorneys, and others.
· American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
· North Georgia Health Information Management Association (NGHIMA)
· American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.